Best Wheelchair Carriers
Here are our top picks for wheelchair carriers and mobility scooter carriers:
Best Power Chair Lifts For Cars
- Accommodate most scooters and powerchairs - Compatible with Class II or III hitches - please specify your hitch size
- Automatically folds up in stowaway position
- Includes 2 retractable ratchets
- 350 lbs weight capacity. Platform Size: 48" L X 28" W
Best Wheelchair Lift For Truck Hitch
- Easily carry scooters and wheelchairs behind any car or truck with a Class III or IV 2" hitch receiver
- Folds upright against vehicle when not in use with 10 tie-down points for maximum security
- Includes an anti-rattle device, 5/8" hitch pin, and exclusive ergonomically designed T-handle spring pull pin
- Manufactured from durable, powder-coated steel with a 400 lb. weight capacity
- Platform measures 48" L x 27-3/4" W, loading ramp measures 42" L x 27-1/2" W
Best Hitch Mounted Wheelchair Carrier
- Easy mobility scooter transport using a vehicle's trailer hitch
- Includes an integrated loading ramp which folds upright after the scooter is loaded
- 500 lb capacity supports many power scooter models
- Fits 2" Class III or IV trailer hitch receivers
- Durable aluminum construction built to last
Best Hitch Mounted Mobility Scooter Carrier
- Fully Automatically scooter Carrier + Swing Away Joint - Class III
- Aluminum deck size 27.5" X 39", Adjustable cradle extends up to 46" - adapts to a three or four-wheel scooter without scooter modifications
- Weight-Sensitive Platform, automatically folds when lifted without a scooter on the platform
- Easy to Install & Adjust, can also be reinstalled if you purchase a new vehicle
- License plate mount included - Made in the USA - weight capacity 350 lbs.
Best Folding Wheelchair Carrier
- 【Foldable Design】Goplus wheelchair carrier is a perfect loading solution, this carrier can be folded easily, doesn't take up much space.
- 【Perfect for Many Equipment】This wheelchair carrier is made for easy loading and transporting of wheelchair, mobility scooter, or other similar equipments.
- 【Applicable to a Variety of Vehicles】This carrier is made for cars, trucks, SUVs, or vans, which is really useful and practical.
- 【Large Loading Capacity】Goplus wheelchair carrier is made of heavy duty steel, very durable for using. Weight capacity is up to 500 lbs, this carrier can meet many carrying and loading need in daily life.
- 【Features Integrated Ramps】The Goplus wheelchair carrier can fold up and out into 3 different positions. The first position keeps the ramp folded flat to the carrier surface and held down with a spring pull pin. The second ramp position allows the ramp to stand up straight when a mobility device is on the carrier. The last position is the ramp unfolded.
Best Manual Wheelchair Carrier
- 【Foldable Design】This heavy Duty wheelchair carrier is a perfect loading solution, this carrier can be folded easily, doesn't take up much space. Folds upright against vehicle when not in use,10 tie-down points for maximum security.
- 【Perfect for Many Equipments】This manual scooter wheel carrier is made for easy loading and transporting of wheelchair, mobility scooter, or other similar equipments.
- 【Large Loading Capacity】This automobile luggage rack is made of heavy duty steel, very durable for using. Weight capacity is up to 400 lbs, it can meet many carrying and loading need in daily life.This carrier is made for cars, trucks, SUVs, or vans, which is really useful and practical.
- 【Characteristic Spring Pin】 The hitch cargo carrier with Loading Ramp-42" Long loading ramp for easy loading,reflectors built in for safe driving,characteristic spring pin handles make operation incredibly user friendly.
- 【Features Integrated Ramps】The wheelchair carrier can fold up and out into 3 different positions. The first position keeps the ramp folded flat to the carrier surface and held down with a spring pull pin. The second ramp position allows the ramp to stand up straight when a mobility device is on the carrier. The last position is the ramp unfolded.
Best Wheelchair Carrier For The Back Of A Vehicle
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: With a 500-pound capacity, this rack can load a wheelchair, scooter, lawn mower, and more
- 2-POSITIONS: A handle on the ramp makes it easy to fold and unfold into 2 positions: an open L-shape and flat open
- 3-INCH SAFETY RAIL: Keeps items safely inside the rack, with 11 tie-down points for extra security
- POWDER-COATED FINISH: Resistant to rust and weather for years of durability and usage
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 47"(L) x 31"(W) x 9"(H); 2" hitch receiver
Best Mobility Scooter Lifts For Cars
- Designed to carry a wide range of power wheelchairs.
- No Wheelchair Modifications
- Motor cover with key lock, toggle switch, license plate holder and light
- Power Lifting; Automatic folding when unoccupied
- AL123/HD Class lll hitch adapter
Best Car Lift For Wheelchair
- Capacity: 135 lbs; Weight: 70 lbs; Powered Lift: Yes; Manual Fold: Yes
- Hitch Height: 5"-19"; Hitch Class: I, II, III
- Fits virtually all 3 and 4-Wheel Micro Scooters; No scooter modifications required
- License plate mount included
- The AL010 comes backed by Harmar's 3 Year Transferable Warranty.
What Are Wheelchair Carriers?
Having the use of a handicap accessible can open up a world of independence for people with disabilities, But due to budget constraints buying a new or even used vehicle that is wheelchair accessible isn’t a possibility for everyone. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t other solutions to enhance their mobility.
Wheelchair carriers allow wheelchairs and scooters to be stored and transported easily, and are an excellent – and less expensive – way to make most vehicles more accessible. Of course, deciding on which type of carrier may seem daunting. But with a little research it is possible to simplify the process.
Before you begin to look at specific wheelchair carrier models, it is a good idea to think through what features you require. Also, the type of vehicle you drive and wheelchair you need to carry also impact which one will be the best for your situation. And your ability to fold and lift your wheelchair also matters, as some carriers require more effort from the user than others.
Wheelchair carriers come in 4 standard styles – automatic carriers that are on top of your car, carriers mounted to your vehicle’s bumper, wheelchair carriers that mount on your trailer hitch, and carriers that operate in a pickup truck bed. Understanding those styles and how they operate will help you make an informedd decision on which will work best with you and your vehicle.
Best Wheelchair Carriers For The Money
Here are the top wheelchair carriers on Amazon:
- 42" Long loading ramp for easy loading
- Maximum weight limit: 400lbs
- Reflectors built in for safe driving
- Loading ramp folds up towards the carrier platform
- The entire wheelchair carrier folds up towards the vehicle
- This Prohoists wheelchair carrier is designed to allow easy loading and transporting of your wheelchair, scooter or other item. Each carrier includes a extra long 5' ramp when fully extended. It quickly folds and locks for transporting. The ramp will also detach if not needed or for storage.
- The entire carrier has the option of tilting upward and locking in the upright position for transporting without a load. This allows more parking room within your garage or elsewhere. Quick release spring loaded pins allow for easy unlocking of the ramp.
- Large hand cut-outs allow easy lifting of the carrier. Each cut-out has a rubber insert for padding. Handles also allow easy controlled lifting of the carrier.
- Anti-Wobble Device fuses the carrier and the trailer hitch receiver together to reduce movement and prevent trailer hitch receiver damage. Reflectors Included For Your Safety.
- Inside (usable) platform measurements: 46.5" width X 28" length X 4" high rail. Please note that this item requires a Class III 2 inch hitch.
- Mounts in a vehicle trunk for quick, on-the-go power scooter and wheelchair storage
- 34" Lift height with 360 degree arm rotation
- 37" Head-room required for operation
- Maximum 200 lb. lift capacity
- 20" x 20" Adjustable mounting base
- Compatible only with Solax Transformer, Genie, Mobie + and Zoome Scooters
- Lightweight design (only 22 lbs.!)
- Portable - no need to attach to trunk. Folds and unfolds in seconds
- 60 lbs. weight capacity
- Dimensions: 28" x 18" x 11"
- Enables single person to maneuver entire Tilt-a-Rack with ease
- Attaches to front of carrier (hitch shank end)
- Quick pin-and-clip installation and removal
- Wheel a mobility carrier around like a wheelbarrow
- Smooth rolling wheel with a durable support tube
- MANUFACTURED FROM HIGH-STRENGTH, LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM: This durable carrier has a 350 lb. weight capacity, and a serrated punch plate surface for safe loading in all weather conditions.
- EASY TO USE DESIGN: The carrier tilts and the loading ramp slides out in both directions to allow loading from either side. When not in use, the ramp stores conveniently under the carrier deck. The patented drive on/drive off design eliminates the need to back a scooter off of the carrier.
- INTEGRATED HITCH ADAPTER: The adjustable hitch adapter allows the carrier to be used with either Class III or IV 2" hitches.
- FOLDABLE: The spring assisted platform measures 52" L x 27-5/8" W, and easily folds up against the back of your vehicle when not in use.
- INCLUDES A VARIETY OF SAFETY FEATURES: This carrier comes with an anti-rattle device to stabilize the carrier in the hitch, integrated strap bracket mounts, and numerous tie-down points.
- (1) Carrier model 210 + (1) Swing Away Joint model 130.
- Shipped assembled and ready to be bolted to Vehicles Hitch.
- Two bolted on retractable ratchets for securing scooter or power chair.
- Built in angle on platform to allow for a smoother ride while transporting your mobility unit.
- Weather-resistant powder coat finish.
- Harmar Mobillity
- Health and Beauty
- Raises or lowers a hitch-mounted mobility carrier for added clearance
- Works with 1-1/4" Class I or II hitch receivers
- Maximum 350 lb capacity
- Raises by 4.5" for improved ground clearance or lowers by 3.5" for decreased loading ramp incline
- Durable steel construction with a smooth black finish
- Enhance Mobility
- Health and Beauty
Wheelchair Carrier Video
Here is a video showing the assembly of the Sky1700 Wheelchair Carrier: